Southeast Roads @ AARoads - Louisiana Gateway
Sitemap to all pages covering the state of Louisiana. Photographs and contributions by Alex Nitzman, Andy Field, Brent Ivy, Carter Buchanan, Justin Cozart and others.
City / Area Guides
- Capital: Baton Rouge
- Nickname: Pelican State
- State Flower: Magnolia
- State Bird: Brown Pelican
- State Tree: Bald Cypress
- Land Area: 46,923.27 square miles, 31st largest
- Total Interstate Mileage: 933.84 miles
- Highest Point: Driskill Mountain (535 feet above sea level)
- Lowest Point: Sea Level
- Number of Parishes: 64
- Statehood: 18th state; admitted April 30, 1812
Major League Sports Franchises
- New Orleans Saints (NFL)
- New Orleans Pelicans (NBA)
- New Orleans Jazz (NBA) - moved to Salt Lake City in 1979.
Page Updated March 30, 2017.